The Brown Family in Bocas Del Toro Was Actually the Salem Family (Wanted for Kidnapping)
Sunday, July 25 2010 @ 10:10 pm EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
Here Are The Details:
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement - Wanted Person
- Name:SALEM, MICHAEL FRANCIS
- Aliases:CZAFKA, MICHAEL; SALEM, MIKE; HALL, JAMES R; SILDGEN, MICHAEL; ZELL, BOB; ZILDGEN, MICHAEL FRANCIS; ZILDGEN, MICHAEL OMAR; SALEM, MICHAEL F; SALEM, MICHAEL; SALEM, MICHASL; ZILDGEN, M; BROWN, MICHAEL ALFRED; BROWN, MICHAEL; SALEM, M F; ZILDGEN, M O; TORTUGAS, CAPTAIN JOHANS; ZILDGEN, MICHAEL O
- Reporting Agency:Broward County Sheriff's Office
- Agency Case #:818786CF
- Date of Warrant:08/24/1981
- Warrant #:818786CF
- Date of Birth:06/28/1944, 07/29/1944, 06/06/1944, 10/28/1948, 10/20/1948
- Height:5' 11"
- Hair Color:BROWN
- Eyes Color:BROWN
- Scars, Marks, Tattoos:
- Last Known Address City and State:MIAMI
I Saw The Photo: For the record, I saw a copy of "Michael Watson Brown's" passport, and it's the same photo as the flier that was sent to me.
This Explains A Lot: The one thing that's been nagging at me as I investigated this case of the serial killers "Wild Bill" and Jane Cortez, I was wondering why no one ever filed a missing person complaint or report for the apparent disappearance of an entire family. Other family members came down to Panama and looked for them, and they probably even went to the land now "owned" by Bill Cortez. And, he undoubtedly told them "I have no idea where they are, I paid them cash, and they left." The family members could not file a complaint or notify the authorities because in fact they knew they were living under false names and on the run from authorities. However, now that the details of the activities of "Wild Bill" and Jane Cortez have come to light, and apparently the "Brown" (Salem) family has apparently been killed, then therefore they are no longer on the run. All of this explains why no missing person report was ever filed. They wanted to remain "missing."
They're Not Hiding Any More: Everything seems to indicated that the "Brown" (Salem) family had gotten comfortable using their new identities as the "Browns." They came into and left the country several times using those passports. They purchased properties, filed documents and obtained permits from Panamanian authorities. And, the last Immigration movements were in 2006, before they were killed. Documents recovered at the crime scene indicate the "Brown" (Salem) family was most likely killed sometime between 11 November 2007 and 12 December 2007. Nothing indicates they ever left the country. Unfortunately, "Wild Bill" and Jane Cortez probably buried their bodies somewhere on the property in Cauchero, Bocas del Toro.
Copyright 2010 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.