NBC Today Show With Matt Lauer - Panama Featured By Travel and Leisure Magazine As Top Destination For 2012
Wednesday, December 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM UTC
Contributed by: Don Winner
Panama Featured On NBC Today Show This Morning: I got a tip this morning (thanks, Joe) that Panama was being featured on the NBC Today Show with Matt Lauer in a piece entitled "12 Must See Travel Destinations For 2012" (click the link to see the video). There were several destinations highlighted in the piece and the part about Panama was very well done, at least the video part of the segment. Of course for all of you who follow this website regularly Panama isn't a hidden secret or a surprise destination, and you've already discovered Panama's charms. In the piece they sort of say "get down to Panama before everyone else finds out about it, before it's too late." Of course I love this kind of publicity and exposure for Panama as a travel destination, because all of that turns into traffic to this website. Even if they did focus on a museum that's not open yet and the expansion of the Panama Canal that tourists can't really see. Whatever. Buzz is buzz. Here's the text of the interview:
- "Matt: Few locations make the list down south, st. vin gent acent and the gr grenadines, but your pick is panama.
- Nilou: If you've been to Belize and craving the Central American excitement this is the place to go. Frank Gehry is building a "bio museo", a museum devoted to biodiversity. The panama canal is having a $5.6 billion expansion happening in a couple of years.
- Matt: ...to accommodate the super ships...
- Nilou: ...and great hotels, Manray, a great hotel.
- Matt: We were there for "where in the world" and we saw a lot of americans and all said they loved it.
- Nilou: Go before it changes. This is the moment to go."
Copyright 2011 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.