Panama Canal Expansion Project Now Officially Delayed At Least Six Months - Probably More
Wednesday, April 04 2012 @ 08:37 PM UTC
Contributed by: Don Winner
Not News For You: All of this, of course, is not news for Panama Guide readers. I've been reporting for months the delivery of the third set of locks is going to be severely delayed. Everyone is now focusing on this "quality of the cement" issue as the culprit to blame, but according to my sources the real problems causing the delays are mismanagement of the execution of the project - little things like making sure vehicles are fueled - stuff like that. There are delays and setbacks and when they check to see the "why" and "what happened" that's what they are finding, not bad cement. Anyway, apparently now the government of Panama, the GUPC, and the Panama Canal Administration have figured out you simply can't keep something this big and important under wraps. With the publication of this article, I'll be checking in with my sources to see if the new projected delivery date of April 2015 is even remotely possible. According to what they've already told me, my initial response would be "wishful thinking." Ricardo Martinelli's administration has to slowly let the air out of this balloon so it can't pop in their faces come the elections of May 2014.
- Construction Of Third Bridge Over Panama Canal in Colon Will Start in October 2012 - 27 March 2012
- "Panama Canal Expansion Project Delayed At Least Seven Months" - Alberto Alemán Zubieta - 12 March 2012
- Panama Canal Expansion 32% Advanced (Inadvertent Confirmation of Delays) - 21 December 2011
- Expansion of Panama Canal Now "At Least One Year Behind Schedule" (Cover-up) - 6 December 2011
- Panama Canal Expansion - "A Train Wreck Waiting To Happen" - 1 December 2011
Copyright 2012 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.