Site Meter
Send Us An Email
Panama Guide

Welcome to Panama Guide
Friday, April 18 2014 @ 09:07 AM EDT

Wishful Thinking By Ernesto Perez Balladares

PoliticsFormer President of the Republic (1994-1999), Ernesto Perez Balladares said on Sunday, July 8, that if he was again offered to be the country's president he would say yes, but he did not say whether or not he would make an attempt to run in a party primary to be the presidential candidate for his party the PRD in the next election. "I like to live my quiet life in a country where all citizens feel represented, and a part of it," said Balladares on the program Face to Face on RPC channel 4.

However, he said, "if it depends again to face the possibility of being president, so I do." He reiterated, however, would like to continue living his quiet life.

Panameņista - PRD Alliance: Asked if he believes there is the possibility of forming an alliance between his group and the Panameņista party to go into the 2014 elections in order to overthrow the ruling Democratic Change party, the former president said "it is difficult to have a crystal ball to see what might happen in the future."

He said there is a diversity of ideas, and in this variety is the one suggesting that they might go into the elections with an alliance. "Any alliance is possible as long as they have clear objectives and clear commitments on what they would do when it comes time to rule the country."

In early May 2012, before the former president made his aspirations officially known, the presidential candidate and founder of Tocoma (All against Martinelli) Anel Bolo Flores said his candidate for Secretary of the PRD is Perez Balladares, while the former presidential candida Balbina Herrera said members of Tocoma were analyzing pushing Perez Balladares to this position in the party. (Prensa)

Editor's Comment: Ernesto Perez Balladares would be a very poor choice for the PRD to be their presidential candidate. He only won the election with about 35% of the vote when he was elected in 1994. The other 65% was divided between about five different non-PRD candidates. Ernesto Perez Balladares has always had an incorrect impression of his own popularity. He wants to be president more than the people of Panama want him to be president, and the only guy who doesn't "get it" is Perez Balladares himself. He's trying to float this idea of the possibility of an alliance between the PRD and Panameņistas - and that's not going to happen either. This article should have a title of "Wishful Thinking By Ernesto Perez Balladares."

Share
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks

Story Options

Wishful Thinking By Ernesto Perez Balladares | 0 comments | Create New Account
The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.