Government Press Release Rejects TCT Worker's Actions In Front Of La Prensa Newspaper
Friday, August 03 2012 @ 10:36 AM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
The press release says the events occurring in the early morning hours today generate more concern, because they imply an unjust involvement that affects the free exercise of journalism. "The National Government reiterates its firm commitment to defending and promoting the freedom of expression," said the press release. "We urge all those sectors of the country and the public in general to reject and condemn, whatever its source, any protest action that is done outside of the laws that regulate this important right," added in the press release.
Since yesterday, Thursday at 10:00 pm, a group of TCT workers blocked access to La Prensa, and it was not until 1:30 am early Friday morning, their dump trucks were moved, that had been used for this purpose. (La Prensa)