Emergency Aid Donation Collection Points Opened - Flooding in Panama
Monday, November 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM UTC
Contributed by: Don Winner
More than 3,000 people have lost all of their belongings to the floods that affected approximately 850 homes - some of them with water up to the roof.
A call for donations has gone out for canned food, bottled water, clothes and shoes that are in good condition, packages of diapers, as well as bedding and mattresses, medicines, dry food, milk (powdered or tetra pak). Also, cleaning supplies of all kinds, clorox, disinfectants, mops, brooms, garbage bags.
Aid collection points have been established in the following locations:
- In Colon: At the municipal offices.
- In Capira: At the municipal offices.
- In Arraijan: At the municipal offices.
- In Chorrera: At the municipal offices, as well as the San Francisco de Paula church.
- In Panama City: At the municipal offices (Hatillo building), at the offices of the Red Cross in Albrook, at channel 2 TVN (Tumba Muerto near the USMA university), at channel 13 Medcom (Ave 12 de Octubre), also at Super Xtra and Super 99 (all locations). And, the office of the First Lady has established a collection effort at the Parque Omar on Via Porras.
- In San Miguelito: At the municipal offices, as well as Machetazo in the Gran Estacion.
- In Juan Diaz: At the Nuestra Señora del Carmen Church.
Editor's Comment: Please make some kind of a donation if you can. And if you can't, at the very least please send this article around to someone else who might be able to help. My wife is coordinating an effort through her church, and tomorrow we will be gathering up donations to drop them off at one of the collection points. We're also going to buy some cases of food and diapers at the Pricemart to donate, and she's busily raiding the closet for clothes and shoes as well.
Copyright 2012 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.