Attorney General Files New Charges Against Villamonte In Punta Chame ANATI Land Snatch
Saturday, December 01 2012 @ 08:48 pm EST
Contributed by: Don Winner
Sources close to the process said the Public Ministry's decision was based on the signature of former official, which appears on the documents that grant the land titles, in an expedited manner, to the company Puntabeach Interprises, SA.
Yesterday morning Villamonte went to the Public Ministry to be notified of the injunction against her issued by the Attorney General Jose Ayu Prado, in which she has to appear on the 15th and 30th of each month.
In addition to Villamonte, the Public Ministry filed the same charges against three other individuals, includingJosé Calderón Rivera, who said he had possessory rights on the land. The names of the other two defendants were not disclosed.
Ayu Prado began an official investigation on 3 August, after this newspaper published a series of reports in which it was revealed that, only four months after its creation, the company Puntabeach Interprises, SA was benefited with a free title granted on these lands by Villamonte.
According to the investigation, the lawyer Marcelino Ramos Madrid was the one who signed, in June 2011, the titling for these lands in representation of Puntabeach Interprises, SA.
Ramos Madrid was the person who replaced Villamonte as the Papadimitriu family lawyer, in the case of the lands in Juan Hombrón, in the province of Cocle.
The former director of Land Titling was previously acquitted of the charges against her, for crimes against the public faith, and crimes against the environment, in the Third Criminal Court, for the adjudication of lands in Paitilla in Panama City, and in Juan Hombrón, Cocle. (Prensa)
Editor's Comment: I broke this case, and was the first to report on these lands that were being titled in an "irregular" manner in Punta Chame. Then I went on the channel 2 TVN morning news program and broke it there, in the Panamanian media. And then La Prensa picked it up. Another complaint was recently filed against Villamonte et al in a very similar case in Bocas del Toro. That case was filed directly with the office of the Attorney General. It seems like things are going to heat up again for the whole gang that has been using ANATI to steal land.