American Fugitive Expat Sage Million Hiding in Volcan
Thursday, April 04 2013 @ 06:58 PM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
A report with the title Police Seek Puna Man Regarding Possible Sexual Assault appeared in the Hawaiian press on 29 February 2012. The report highlights the efforts of local law enforcement officials to enlist the public to gather tips on the whereabouts of Sage Million. There is a $1,000 reward, and the report contains telephone numbers for the detectives who are working on the case.
Before moving to Panama with his wife and daughter, Sage Million was last known to have been living in the Ainaloa subdivision in Puna. He is described as Caucasian, 5-foot-7, 140 pounds with short brown hair balding at the front, brown eyes, a medium build and a light complexion.
- Detectives with the Juvenile Aid Section are continuing this investigation.
- Police ask that anyone with information on Million’s location call Detective Daylan Asuncion at (808) 961-8843 or the Police Department’s non-emergency line at (808) 935-3311.
- Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at (808) 961-8300 in Hilo or (808) 329-8181 in Kona and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.
Sage Million was also featured on a local "most wanted" program in March 2012: Hawaii Island’s Most Wanted Airing on Na Leo.
This is a link to the original press release issued by the law enforcement authorities in Hawaii, which was the source of the local news reporting issued on the same day.
According to his LinkedIn Profile, Sage Million uses the title of "Doctor" or "Dr." He describes himself as the Owner of a company called the "Sovereignty Intelligence Service" and "Hawaiian Islands Alternative Medicine".
Sage Million doesn't like the press reporting about him, and I suspect he won't like this article very much either. A website called www.bigislandchronicle.com published this article on 29 February 2012, the day the local police issued their press release. In the comments section of that article a person named Brian Jordan posted: "February 29th, 2012 at 5:05 pm Does anyone know the whereabouts of his daughter TRUE! I frequently asked about the mother and he said she traveled or was a flight attendant. I hope TRUE is in CPS care until this is sorted out. I never want to believe bad press. Sage seemed like a High IQ Inventor and like most geniuses I chalked his odd behavior off to High IQ." Then a full ten months later, Sage Million posted a response: "December 29th, 2012 at 4:47 am this site is being monitored for for copyright infringement, slander and internet fraud. police corruption on the big island has been reported to the FBI. Tiffany Edwards Hunt will be charged with Copyright infringement, Slander and internet fraud."
Sage Million also calls himself a "Reverend" (Rev.) as evidenced in this document he tried to serve on a Circuit Court Judge, State Prosecuting Attorney, and the Chief Court Administrator of the Third Circuit Court in Hawaii. He actually posted all of these credentials online, which includes a "Doctor of Metaphysics" from the Universal Life Church, as well as a "Doctor of Philosophy in Religion" - also from the Universal Life Church - as well as "Credentials of Ministry" and a License issued by the State of Hawaii to perform marriages. Powerful stuff.
Sage Million is one of those "sovereign man" guys who calls himself a "world citizen." He recently managed to get himself into sticky situation on the border between Panama and Costa Rica. He entered Panama as a tourist on a US passport with an entry stamp dated 5 August 2012, so his 180 days was up on 5 February 2013. His plan was to pay his $55 fine for having overstayed on the tourist visa, enter Costa Rica on his US passport, and then turn around and return to Panama using his "World Service Authority (WSA)" passport. Things didn't turn out so well.
Sage Million stamped out of Panama and entered Costa Rica on his US passport, without any problems. However when he tried to depart Costa Rica to return to Panama, he was detained by Costa Rican authorities when he presented his "WSA" passport. They apparently didn't appreciate it when he declared that he "was a sovereign Secured Party Creditor and a world citizen of the world government of world citizens." So they began to investigate a little deeper.
Sage Million entered into a discussion with the fine people who issued him the "WSA" passport as he reported to them on this incident that occurred on the border between Costa Rica and Panama. Specifically;
- 18) Is there something about what you have been doing in Costa Rica or Panama that may have caused you to be singled out that you have not told us about?
- "the entire issue was trying to get the WSA passport stamped. In both countries. I never left the immigrations area. except for the 100 yards between offices, just for the record I have no vices,
So, it's official. Sage Million does not consider an outstanding bench warrant for his arrest and a press release from the law enforcement authorities in Hawaii - seeking him "for questioning in connection with a recently reported sexual assault of a minor" - to be a "vice." Yeah, just maybe, that could have been the reason why the immigration officials didn't want to let him in. Just maybe. It was either that, or they didn't want to recognize his "WSA" passport.
And how did that incident end? In Sage Million's own words:
- "other information left out:
- upon being released from CR. I was told to leave CR due to the fact I signed in and out of CR. I was directed back to Panama. I tried to reenter panama. I was informed the US passport does not have three months minimum to have a legal stamp for entry back into Panama. this I knew to be a fact. so I offered the WSA and travel document. several officers began to make calls, my attorney, immigrations in David, including a helper from the attorneys office. after an hour outside the windows. I was asked to enter the locked area. both passports where taken. after 20 minutes, an Panamanian officer asked me how I got a Costa Rica entry stamp when the Passport only had two months left. I explained I only had the intent to check in and out in one hour. reenter and validate the WSA. The Officer agreed that was a good plan if he was in the same condition as I was in. the Panamanian immigration officer clearly wanted to help me. so he took me all the way back to Costa Rica immigrations. the officer pleaded with costa rica to honor the WSA, CR refused. the Panamanian officer then brought to the intention of the CR officer the fact the Costa Rica had unlawfully stamped a us passport with only two months left on the US passport, the Costa Rica Officer, took the US passport from the Panamanian officer and stamped reversed the stamps, basically I was denied entry into Costa Rica, even though I had a valid stamp of entry. the Panamanian officer took me back to immigrations in panama. where I was directed to sign a confession contract stating that I was not harmed and that no one tried to get money from me.
I was then released and sent back toward Costa Rica. stuck between two countries in a suit and tie, in a rain storm. I had to resort to other means to get home.I do not wish to post what happened there after, as you already know What took place after the fact."
Sounds to me like he's currently illegal in Panama. He could not get into Costa Rica (on 28 February 2013) because his US passport was going to expire in two months. He checked out of Panama and paid his $55 fine for having overstayed his tourist visa. Then he could not get into Costa Rica. He also could not get back into Panama (legally.) Both countries refused to accept his "WSA" passport. So he was "stuck" on the border and he had to "resort to other means" to get home, presumably by breaking the law and sneaking back into Panama. His US passport apparently expires in April 2013. Time is apparently running out for the good Doctor (slash) Reverend (slash) World Citizen (slash) fugitive.
Other Stuff: Sage Million threw up a Travel Blog profile in which he describes himself as "Sailor,HVAC mechanical engineer, commercial salvor diver. Celestial navigation, shipwright. see this old blog, http://salvor111.blogspot.com/ copy/paste tab my profile callsign: MP00013521, my vessel is in the bone yard. 6 years of hard service. family now in panama city.panama. Sailing experence california to panama,colombia, Hawaii islands, Tonga, marshall islands. sailed south east Alaska 10 years. Sage is available to deckhand any type of vessel anywhere, anytime,anyhow on the planet. panama cell: 507 605 65669 also email@example.com seeking old hull to rebuild in panama"
That's enough. You get the picture. There's a bunch more (crap) out there, but I've already wasted enough time on this. I'm sure by now there have been a whole raft of calls made to the authorities in Hawaii. When I called they said "is this about the fact that he's in Panama?" So yeah, they know he's here, so you might be splitting the $1,000 bucks. Why do these guys keep coming here? Don't they read the news? Don't they know the Panamanian authorities regularly and routinely scoop dudes like this up and flip them back over the border? Oh yeah, no vices. I forgot...
Copyright 2013 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.