Panama Canal Authority to appeal US$233m award to contractors
Wednesday, March 18 2015 @ 08:04 AM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
The consortium, led by Spain's Sacyr and Italy's Salini Impregilo, and including Belgium's Jan de Nul and Panama's CUSA, said in January it had won US$233 million of the US$463 million it claimed in the dispute.
Any international arbitration would take place in Miami, the canal authority said.
The consortium has filed a series of claims totaling some US$2.3 billion over the dispute that halted work early last year on the expansion to allow bigger vessels to pass through the canal. (Reuters)