Monday, December 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM EST
Contributed by: Don Winner
We are conveniently located in Santa Clara, in Panama's Cocle province, just 20 minutes from the entrance to Coronado, to serve the Pacific beach community.
Our teachers are US citizens who have obtained their Master's of Education certification in the United States, who bring their experience, training, and education to every aspect of the classroom.
Panama, Colombia, Argentina, Guatemala, Ireland, Mexico, Israel, Ukraine, Chile, Canada, and the U.S. - All of these countries are represented at our school by the student population.
Our student population represents many different backgrounds but these families have one thing in common … the desire for an international education in Panama provided by highly-qualified and enthusiastic American teachers.
Five Stars Academy focuses intensely on the fundamentals of Math, Language Arts, Science, History, Spanish and Composition WHILE exploring the free-spirit in all of our kids. Our students are avid surfers, tennis players, swimmers and explorers. We're kind of a "hippy school" without veering away from the fundamentals of education. We teach our kids to not only survive but thrive in any challenging situation they might face in life - we teach them to think for themselves first and foremost.
Our second semester of the school year begins on Monday, January 14, 2013. This next semester holds a lot of exciting learning opportunities including:
- Studying novel classics in literature;
- Researching and building the Solar System as part of the school science project;
- Focusing on the fundamentals of Math in order to prepare for the (optional) U.S. standardized test offered in May;
- Working in teams to learn self-sustainability, including composting and growing our own food in gardens located on school grounds;
- Taking field trips to a gold mine, self-sustainable farm, and other enriching excursions;
- Competing in the sponsored surf competitions every month;
Now a family can truly enjoy life at the beach while their kids prepare for higher education!