Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
Featured events this Saturday night include:
- Boxing Championship Title Tight: Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley - An upcoming boxing welterweight fight for the WBA World Welterweight Championship. The bout will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, United States. Shane Mosley was scheduled to fight Andre Berto for a WBC and WBA Welterweight title on January 30, 2010, but the bout was called off due to the earthquake in Haiti and Berto losing several family members in the disaster. Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley agreed to Olympic style drug testing for this fight. Floyd Mayweather Jr. has faced in compiling 40-0-0 with 25 knockouts, while Shane Mosley has 46-5-0 with 39 knockouts. Shane Mosley agrees with those who say Mayweather has never faced this type of challenge before. The match between Floyd Mayweather Jr. VS Shane Mosley will be held on May 1, 2010.
- Basketball - NBA Playoffs: There are three games scheduled for Saturday night as the best remaining teams in the NBA make a run for the title. San Antonio will play Dallas, Portland will play Phoenix, and Boston will play Cleveland.
- Baseball: Full schedule, regular season games.
- Horse Racing - Kentucky Derby 2010: The Kentucky Derby 2010 will once again bring you another exciting and live event as it celebrate its 136th year on May 1, 2010. We will be showing the race live with a kick off time on 5:00 pm EDT. The Kentucky Derby 2010 Contenders is a field composed of 3 year-old Thoroughbred horses that will race from Churchill Downs to get one of the most prestigious horse races title in the world.
- Soccer: Are there any Barcelona fans in the house? Barcelona will face Villarreal on Saturday in the Estadio El Madrigal as part of Spanish Primera División action.
- NASCAR: Crown Royal presents the Heath Calhoun 400 at the Richmond International Raceway. NASCAR was founded in 1948, and five years later the sanctioning body staged a race in its Grand National Division at Atlantic Rural Exposition Fairgrounds on April 19, 1953. Since that first race in Richmond in 1953, the track has undergone three name changes, four configuration changes and one surface change, from dirt to asphalt.
What's Not To Like? Fast cars, thundering hooves, big balls, little balls, bouncing balls, and two guys beating the crap out of one another. Watching all of that action will probably make you hungry, so we're featuring 25 cent buffalo wings all day. Come on by and you'll be able to find something you like, no doubt. See you at the Superbook.
Copyright 2009 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.