Tuesday, September 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM UTC
Contributed by: Anonymous
While she was leaving, Ramos said “it is devastating to me as a mother, this should never happen again. My condition as a woman, mother and politician makes me think this through and I want to ask all political parties to finally seek peace,” she said.
She confirmed she will still run for deputy, because not doing so would let her husband down. She also said “we are still defending our position about the threat received by my husband from the deputy of the PRD, Raúl Pineda."
“We don’t want this to happen again and we believe everybody should seek peace. My team of lawyers will be in charge of the judicial process,” said Messina’s widow.
On the other hand, Ramos’s lawyer, Alfredo Vallarino said they will handle the technical part and will proceed with the evidence they have.
“The person who killed Messina did not speak to him, it is also a fact that the victim said he was threatened by Pineda, minutes before this happened, there was also someone with Pineda this morning at a television medium that was also near the crime scene, these are many coincidences if you think about what Messina said,” said the lawyer.
“I am not directly pointing my finger at Pineda, but there are certain events that must be investigated. We will evaluate what we have so far,” he said.
Messina’s widow remained at the DIJ for 4 hours where she gave her sworn statement of the events and the threats received. Tomorrow she will file a criminal complaint. (TVN)