Friday, February 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM EST
Contributed by: Don Winner
According to a report from the fire department, yesterday Thursday they responded to 19 grass fire calls between La Chorrera to Chame.
Firefighters have asked the community to use caution in such cases, and also avoid throwing burning cigarettes, cans and glass, because the heat can cause fire.
Meanwhile, residents of several communities say every year in the dry season they have to deal with these situations.
The concern of the residents is that the smoke can affect infants and those with respiratory diseases. (TVN)