Tuesday, October 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM EDT
Contributed by: Don Winner
- Speak Bluntly: Who has time to sugar-coat stuff. Sometimes the fastest and most efficient way to get the point across is to cut straight to the bone. We're not afraid to raise the "bullshit" flag when necessary. As a matter of fact, we excel at it. Caustic. Hard hitting. Direct. Precise and correct. Favorite Phrases? "Screw that!" and "Pound Sand" come to mind.
- Seek The Truth: Our compass always points towards the truth. Sometimes we might get sidetracked for a little while by people who would try to snow us, but in the end the snow tends to melt under the hot lights and pretty soon the truth and facts emerge. It's critically important to always seek the truth. Our readers have to trust our ability to cut through the BS, to find out what's really going on, and to let them know the truth.
- Dont' Be Afraid To Screw Up: We make mistakes all the time, through which we learn and grow. Today's scraped knees are tomorrow's scars to brag about. As long as the mistakes aren't fatal, they can always be seen as learning opportunities or teaching points. Take smart risks, all the time.
- Keep It Simple, Stoopid: The story is about the news, not the author. Let the story tell itself. Follow the facts to the truth. Talk to all sides. Present those facts in a clear and easily understood format. Identify any potential spin or internal bias. Move on to the next story.
- Be True To Yourself: I am a native of New York, retired United States Air Force Master Sergeant, husband, father, son, brother, friend, and neighbor. My personality is reflected in the words I write - as it should be. I don't stop to think all that much, it just flows.
- Plan The Work, Work the Plan: Panama Guide was started under the concept of "if you build it, they will come." Now, as a result of a whole lot of tedious hard work, this website continues to grow and attract more readers every month. Maybe in five more years I'll be writing article number 20,000. Well, it probably won't take that long. There's a lot going on this week...
10,000 Thanks: Thank you all, to our wonderful dedicated Panama-Guide readers, who stop by every day to see what's been going on. Without you this website would be nothing. Thanks for voting with your mouse button and making us #1.
Copyright 2009 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com. Go ahead and use whatever you like as long as you credit the source. Salud.